Re: [hylafax-users] Unspecified Transmit Phase C error

SCIN - Danilo Bottino wrote:

How exactly are created those info files? I mean, is hylafax able to change a troublesome value on the fly whenever it detects a problem, as long as they're not manually locked with "&"?

Yes, and the problem with hasV17Trouble is that once it is turned on HylaFAX will never attempt V.17 again to know otherwise. However, this feature is necessary for situations where there really, truly are V.17 incompatibilities.

The log that I was hoping you'd find was the one that says "Looks like this destination has trouble with V.17" or something to that effect.

This means digging down five months of logs.. there are roughly 700 log files for that receiver. Any chance to feed egrep with some useful string?