Re: [hylafax-users] ./configure Missing C++ runtime support for gcc

Hi Alan,

Sorry for the including the long error message in this mail but I did not see
any way out. I did install sed "sed-3.02-sd-11.00.depot.gz". Still The error
listed below continues. Path for the gcc installation is "/opt/gcc/bin/gcc"

**********************Error that appeared while running configure **************

Configuring HylaFAX (tm) (aka FlexFAX) 4.1beta3.

If configure does the wrong thing, check the file config.log for
information that may help you understand what went wrong.

Reading site-wide parameters from ./config.site.
Reading local parameters from config.local.
Fee, fie, foe, this smells like a hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00 system.
Using /opt/gcc/bin/gcc for a C compiler (set CC to override).
Using -a to get the appropriate compilation environment.
./configure[881]: test: Specify a parameter with this command.
Looks like /opt/gcc/bin/gcc has an ANSI C preprocessor.
... but __ANSI_CPP__ is not automatically defined, will compensate.
Looks like /opt/gcc/bin/gcc supports the -M option for generating make
dependencies.
Using /opt/gcc/bin/gcc for a C++ compiler (set CXX to override).
./configure[1042]: test: Specify a parameter with this command.
Looks like /opt/gcc/bin/gcc has an ANSI C preprocessor.
... but __ANSI_CPP__ is not automatically defined, will compensate.
Using /bin/make to configure the software.
Using ".include <file>" syntax for Makefiles.
Using /bin/sh to process command scripts.
sed: There are too many commands for the /@SYSGID@/s;;;g function.

Missing C++ runtime support for /opt/gcc/bin/gcc (/opt/gcc/bin/gcc).

Compilation of the following test program failed:

#include "iostream.h"
int main(){ cout << "Hello World!" << endl; return 0;}

Usually this is because you do not have a standard C++ library
installed on your system or you have installed it in a non-standard
location.  If you do not have a C++ library installed, then you must
install it.  If it is installed in a non-standard location, then you
should configure the compiler so that it will automatically be found.

(For recent gcc releases this is libstdc++, for older gcc - libg++)

Unrecoverable error!  Once you've corrected the problem rerun this script.
[CHFUX102]:/opt/hylafax-4.1beta3> ./configure

[...]

Wow, you've got a hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00 system!
[...]

Do you see any other potentially problematic area.

Thanks & Regards,
Mallappa