Re: [hylafax-users] faxaddmodem won't see the modem

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 10:00:29AM +0200, Matthias Reich wrote:
> Eric Veldhuyzen schrieb:
> [...]
> > So was I, which was the primary reason to subscribe to this list and
> > ask others. After checking that the modem works, permissions that are
> > right and no other programs that are accessing the modem I simply didn't
> > know what could be the problem. I also checked the FAQ, but it doesn't
> > mention this.
> >
> well, I have not followed the whole thread, but I got one question:
>
> After the "Hmm, modem seems too be hung" do you interrupt the
> faxaddmodem
> or does it stop on its own ???
> I had something similar on Solaris, first getting the "Hmm,..."
> but after a few seconds (maybe up to 15) the modem answered
> and the faxaddmodem ran ok.

I only get the 'There was no response from the modem.' message when I
use the -s option to the faxaddmodem script. And then it simply tries
for maybe a couple of seconds, and gives me the prompt to press enter
to try again. I could retry this endlessly, but it doesn't seem to help.

When I run the script without the -s option it simply aborts after not
being able to detect the modem.

--
#!perl #                       Life ain't fair, but root passwords help.
# Eric Veldhuyzen                              eric@terra.telemediair.nl