Re: [hylafax-users] faxaddmodem won't see the modem

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 03:28:25AM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> > > Yeah, we get that every once in a while.
> >
> > So, I am not the only one with this problem?
>
> We get fairly intractable problems, occasionally; I don't recall if
> we've gotten yours recently; it's 0330 here.  I should have been in bed
> at least 2 hours ago...

I usualy won't make it this late, have to get back to work the next morning.
It's 09:42 here.

[...]

> Nope, you're right.  Lee??  Grab Darren and whomever else of the SWAT
> team is around, too.  I'm temporarily stumped.

So was I, which was the primary reason to subscribe to this list and
ask others. After checking that the modem works, permissions that are
right and no other programs that are accessing the modem I simply didn't
know what could be the problem. I also checked the FAQ, but it doesn't
mention this.

--
#!perl #                       Life ain't fair, but root passwords help.
# Eric Veldhuyzen                              eric@terra.telemediair.nl