Re: [hylafax-users] faxaddmodem won't see the modem

Eric Veldhuyzen schrieb:
[...]
> So was I, which was the primary reason to subscribe to this list and
> ask others. After checking that the modem works, permissions that are
> right and no other programs that are accessing the modem I simply didn't
> know what could be the problem. I also checked the FAQ, but it doesn't
> mention this.

well, I have not followed the whole thread, but I got one question:

After the "Hmm, modem seems too be hung" do you interrupt the
faxaddmodem
or does it stop on its own ???
I had something similar on Solaris, first getting the "Hmm,..."
but after a few seconds (maybe up to 15) the modem answered
and the faxaddmodem ran ok.

HIH

matthias
--
HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880599