Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax ?

** High Priority **

We are going to use OCRchie which is open source from what I understand.

SSgt Rafiq Mateen
USUHS/UIS
3012959800

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 01:02:39PM -0400, Rafiq Mateen wrote:
> We have an OCR program that we are going to tweak. It will probably be
> me doing the tweaking.

Commercial package?  This is a topic of fairly high interest in the
Community.

>                        We becomes you so quickly. I have a fax/modem
> 3com U.S. Robotics Model 5686 connected to a serial port on a Linux
> box (Red Hat). We had a Netgear ISDN modem and couldn't get it to work
> correctly so we went to an analog line but I will pass on your ISDN
> comments. I'm sure the cost of the analog line is right up our alley,
> though our phone system is ISDN. Thanks and will let you know if I
> reinvent the wheel. BTW yes I do work for a living :-).

Doing this?  You'll get to knoe the Faxguy pretty well, then.  :-)

Cheers
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra@baylink.com
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink
The Suncoast Freenet         The Things I Think
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 804 5015