Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax Freeze with no error or warning

Giuseppe Dia wrote:
Today the hylafax server I put up with those USB modems failed.
The line just rang free, but no fax was received and you could not see any
activity in syslog.
Restarting Hylafax solved the problem immediately.

Were the faxgettys running?

Hylafax is 6.0.4-10ubuntu1 on an ubuntu i686 10.10 Linux
2.6.35-22-generic-pae #35-Ubuntu SMP I looked at the logs but there's really nothing abnormal in them.
I enabled verbosity for all three modems, waiting for the next occurrence.
Is this any known issue? This a sample config.tty from one of them. The
modems are AtlantisLand (Conexant chip) USB modems using the ACM driver.
Any idea? No warning mails about modems wegded, I use to receive them if I
unplug one of the modems without stopping hylafax, so the warning system
should be ok.

The only thing I can think of is that something happened to the modems such as a power-cycle/reset that occurred unknown to HylaFAX/faxgetty. Thus the modems ended up in an uninitialized state, and thus they weren't operating as expected.

HylaFAX+ (http://hylafax.sourceforge.net) has a feature called "PollLockPokeModem" which can be set to "true" which will cause faxgetty to routinely check the modem to ensure that it's present and responsive. Hopefully if the modems are reset this will faxgetty to detect the problem and reset the modem automatically.

Thanks,