[hylafax-users] PAM authentication and JobProtection

Hi all,
from what I understand, in a default installation all users may access
faxes sent by anyone. In order to let all user see only their sent
faxes, I need to set PublicJobQ to false in hfaxd.conf and setup the
desired rights with JobProtection in the same configuration file.

All this configuration works when all users have an assigned unique or
shared uid. The uid is set in file hosts.hfaxd and defaults to 21 (the
unix "fax" group). The uid is not really meant as a user but as a group.
In fact the uid specified in hosts.hfaxd is used as unix group id when
creating files for a fax job. Files in sendq/ will have as unix uid uucp
and as unix gid the hylafax uid.

Now, I have a setup where I need to get user credentials from an LDAP,
so I configured hylafax for checking credential via pam. It works well.
But then it seems hylafax uid is always 60002, for all users. So the
PublicJobQ and JobProtection are useless. As explained in hosts.hfaxd
man page, 60002 is a default value for users without uid.

Is there any solution for this setup?

Thanks,
Giuseppe