Re: [hylafax-users] Remote Server

On 9/26/2010 3:51 PM, Daniel L. Miller wrote:

That was it! I've made some changes, and things are working much better - please tell me if I'm actually making them worse!

Ok - at the moment, got receiving working. Now for sending. The trick is I'm using Avantfax as my sending web client. Simply setting the server value in hyla.conf works fine for command-line sending.

Wait a minute. All my tests were as root user. And my receiving issue was because the fax user wasn't configured right...sure enough. hosts.hfaxd was setup for localhost access. Add the local network and...it works!

If this stays stable for the next few days, I'll tweak a little bit, add some error checks, and publish a howto for both Hylafax and Avantfax.
--
Daniel