[hylafax-users] Remote Server

I'm trying to convert an older box into a dedicated fax server - but with a twist. The modems HAVE to be in this box, and of course HylaFax+ needs to be running here as well. But I want everything to be saved and accessed from my file/web server. I'm also using Avantfax for an interface - and I don't want to try to run a webserver on the fax box. At first glance, I see a couple options:

1. Use NFS, and mount the majority of the /var/spool/hylafax subfolders from the fileserver on the fax server.
2. Use custom receive/send scripts on the fax server, that copy the files to the fileserver.
3. Something much simpler and elegant that I don't know yet.

Using either option 1 or 2, I believe I'd need customer send/receive scripts on the fax server that would use ssh to execute the send/receive scripts on the webserver to update the Avantfax database.

Any thoughts?
--
Daniel