Re: [hylafax-users] Remote Server

On 9/26/2010 7:21 AM, Lee Howard wrote:
Daniel L. Miller wrote:
On 9/25/2010 10:40 AM, John Hudak wrote:
Probably the most efficient way would be to modify the send & receive scripts with a call to your script routine to copy the files to the other machine. Having only looked at the scripts briefly, I think it would be self evident where to place the call. I don't know if hylafax has a pre-designated way to do this, sorry. The experts that hang out here could address that.

I have a faxrcvd script that does what I want - but only if I execute it manually. Watching the logs, I can see the script called - but it doesn't perform.

Is SELinux enabled?

I don't THINK so...I'm running basically a default Ubuntu Karmic at the moment. Should I look somewhere to verify besides checking what I have installed? All I find is an SELinux library - all the support files are not installed.

The script uses scp and ssh. Is there a chroot issue that is blocking me?

I don't think that faxrcvd operates in a chroot, but it *does* typically run as the fax user.

That was it! I've made some changes, and things are working much better - please tell me if I'm actually making them worse!

My default Hylafax user is uucp, and default home for uucp is /var/spool/uucp. I changed the home to /var/spool/hylafax - on both servers. Then setup an ssh key-pair - and it works!

This is my faxrcvd script -
#!/bin/sh
REMOTE_SERVER="bubba.amfeslan.local"
REMOTE_RECVQ="bubba.amfeslan.local:/var/spool/hylafax/recvq"
REMOTE_HYLAFAX="/var/spool/hylafax"
REMOTE_FAXRCVD="bin/faxrcvd.php"
SCP=/usr/bin/scp
SSH=/usr/bin/ssh