Re: [hylafax-users] how is vgetty implemented these days?

Luke McKee wrote:

It uses the zaptel kernel drivers.

On 24/04/07, Andrew Rinaldi <andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Lee,
>
> >I don't know of any consumer-grade full duplex voice modem. I looked
> >for them for a while.
>
> Last time we looked none existed... Agere had a soft modem that claimed
full
> duplex but really wasn't.

As far as whether or not a Zaptel-driven modem qualifies as a contender for a "voice modem" in the context that we've been discussing is perhaps debatable.

Zaptel doesn't provide an IS-101/V253 AT-command interface to the voice capabilities of the modem. That AT interface is what *I* refer to as "voice modem". Run with the zaptel drivers the Ambient modem (or other X100P types) are more of a mere FXO interface... more than they are a "voice modem". But it's all just symantics.