[hylafax-users] how is vgetty implemented these days?

Hi All,

I've been interested in getting vgetty working with hylafax in case
there is no fax tone detected.

I've seen various different implementations including patches to
vgetty to call hylafax which seemed to be the best, the problem is
like many fax modems mine only does class one so I had to dismiss
that.

George Bell made a patch to allow you to run vm directly or a shell
which calls vm. His "egetty.pl" and associated utilities are no
available as is no-ip lease has expired.

Are there issues when you try and use stock vgetty with the modem?
doesn't it try and re-initialize it?

What's the best way to make them play nice together.

Cheers,

Luke