Re: [hylafax-users] RSPREC error/got DCN (code 51) since hylafax upgrade

"Jeff Brickwell" <t800949@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is it possible to force my modems to class1 if faxaddmodem doesn't allow me to?

The fact that faxaddmodem doesn't offer Class 1 as an option means that your virtual modems don't claim to support Class 1 when queried. This makes sense - a lot of virtual modem tty drivers emulate Class 2 operation because Class 2 doesn't require much low-level interaction with the 'virtual' modem - it just has to check in with HylaFAX from time to time to tell it what's happened lately. Based upon what I have read, I would not think Class 1 is an option here for you.

Hylafax 4.2.1 sent correctly to this number using 1D-MH.  Is there not
a way to force this behaviour in 4.3.1?

If you set:

ModemSoftRTFCC: no

in your server config file (/var/spool/hylafax/config) this will prevent HylaFAX from dynamically selecting the optimal data format and require it to honor your selection. Then add a '-1' argument to sendfax to direct it to use 1D-MH to send to that destination.

-Darren