Re: [hylafax-users] Problem Faxing To Brother NSC/IntelliFax

pelmgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I Have done additional testing sending to the Brother NSC/IntelliFax - I can confirm:
1)Without the coverpage the 'sendfax -2' works every time (4 different documents tried)
2)Without the coverpage and Without the 'sendfax -2' there's any error somewhere in the received fax document

Okay, this tells us something valuable. Furthermore it also confirms similar reports that I've gotten from other HylaFAX users.

It tells us that the ModemSoftRTFCC image data conversion, at least from MR to MMR is good.

It also tells us that something is wrong with the Postscript-to-MMR preparation that is being done utilizing Ghostscript. (The other reports that I had were about user-generated TIFFs that passed through tiffcheck and thus had no conversion done on them... but apparently those TIFFs were not good for some receivers.)

So now we need to figure out what's wrong with the Ghostscript-produced MMR images. To do that...

Take a problematic image and fax it to me (I'll send you my fax number privately) without using the 'sendfax -2'. Then send it again using 'sendfax -2'. I will then take the two resultant image data files and compare them byte-for-byte until I can see what Ghostscript is doing wrong... and then I'll see if we can do anything about it in HylaFAX.