Re: [hylafax-users] (no subject)

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 03:46:13PM -0400, Nick Torenvliet wrote:
> Hey Jay, well I got incoming faxes working this morning, this is a lot
> easier than any communications programs I've used before.

Can we quote you on that?  ;-)

> You were saying about the difference between older and newer modems and
> distinctive ring... I have a usr 56k v.92 external serial connection
> device I bought under a year ago from a big box office supply store.
>
> How can enable reporting to see what its doing when someone dials in?

I'm not sure which AT command or S register you have to diddle to do
that; hook it up, hit it with minicom, and call it on the second
number, and see what RING message you get; maybe it defaults to on.

I'm not betting, though.

And note that Sporty's aren't the best modems for this sort of thing.
Though they're slightly better (to my chagrin) than Couriers.  The
Couriers are the best at *everything* else... except faxing.

Damned annoying.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
        -- Simon Slavin, on a.f.c