Re: [hylafax-users] ./configure Missing C++ runtime supportforgcc

At 15:08 28/05/01 +1000, Alan O'Keefe wrote:
>Hi Robert
>
>I picked up the pre-compiled version of gcc-2.95.2 for HP-UX 11.0 off the
>Software Porting Centre, (hpux.connect.org.uk), and just assumed that it was
>OK, (maybe I should read the occassional release notes).   ;-P

Looking here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.php#hppa*-hp-hpux11

...shows it is still not supported, and neither are any of the other
previous gcc releases i don't think :-(

>Hmmm, I have a very short time-frame for implementation here and putting
>together
>another release of gcc isn't a really good short-term option, has anyone out
>there
>setup print queue's in LPRng to talk to Hylafax ??  I have an idea of how
>to do
>it, but
>as I said time is at a premium on this job and I never did like re-inventing
>wheels.

Forgive my rudeness, but why aren't using using the standard hp spooler?
you can pass the fax number through the -o params i think.

Ages ago i put together an older 4.0pl2 depot, you could just install that
and setup the hyla.conf file to point to the fax server.  The client side
has not changed much between 4.0 and 4.1 and should still work.

>If you do get around to pre-compiling it on HP I would be extremely
>grateful, I
>downloaded
>GNU sed from here:  http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Gnu/sed-3.02/

Thanks for the link.... i hope it wasn't compiled with the dud gcc that
they also have posted up there ;-)

- Robert