Re: [hylafax-users] ./configure Missing C++ runtimesupportforgcc

Hi Robert

Robert Colquhoun wrote:

> At 15:08 28/05/01 +1000, Alan O'Keefe wrote:
> >Hi Robert
> >
> >I picked up the pre-compiled version of gcc-2.95.2 for HP-UX 11.0 off the
> >Software Porting Centre, (hpux.connect.org.uk), and just assumed that it was
> >OK, (maybe I should read the occassional release notes).   ;-P
>
> Looking here:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.php#hppa*-hp-hpux11
>
> ....shows it is still not supported, and neither are any of the other
> previous gcc releases i don't think :-(

As I said, I really should catch up on release notes etc now and then.

> >Hmmm, I have a very short time-frame for implementation here and putting
> >together
> >another release of gcc isn't a really good short-term option, has anyone out
> >there
> >setup print queue's in LPRng to talk to Hylafax ??  I have an idea of how
> >to do
> >it, but
> >as I said time is at a premium on this job and I never did like re-inventing
> >wheels.
>
> Forgive my rudeness, but why aren't using using the standard hp spooler?
> you can pass the fax number through the -o params i think.

The standard HP spooler is pretty damn stupid, I find that stopping the
scheduler just to
move a print job is pretty damn inconvenient when you have another 200 odd
printers of
which there are usually at least a few printing at any given time.  I'm spoiled
a bit, up
until now these sites have been using DG-UX, which is much smarter.

> Ages ago i put together an older 4.0pl2 depot, you could just install that
> and setup the hyla.conf file to point to the fax server.  The client side
> has not changed much between 4.0 and 4.1 and should still work.

Thanks, I think that would be my best choice, I'm downloading a copy from the
SGI ftp
mirror as I speak.

> >If you do get around to pre-compiling it on HP I would be extremely
> >grateful, I
> >downloaded
> >GNU sed from here:  http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Gnu/sed-3.02/
>
> Thanks for the link.... i hope it wasn't compiled with the dud gcc that
> they also have posted up there ;-)
>
> - Robert

Good question, though I already have one production site with binaries from
there and no problems
so far, (since easter).  That site doesn't use Hylafax, (yet).

Thanks for your help

Alan

--
Alan O'Keefe