Re: [hylafax-users] REJECT: Too many attempts

Eliran Itzhak wrote:
First of all, Thank you very much for the detailed reply !
I'm not using JobControl. The config.tty* setup is as detailed in my older message to the mailing list, as is my sendfax command line.
Yet, on some occasions I get the message "REJECT: Too many attempts to transmit: 3, max 3" - Even when faxstat -s shows its going to try 6 times, it quits after 3 times,
And I have no idea where did it take the "3" from, or why.

Be aware that I'm reading HylaFAX+ 5.4.2 code. So if you're not using HylaFAX+ 5.4.2 what I say may not apply.

However, looking at the HylaFAX+ 5.4.2 source code it is clear that the message "REJECT: Too many attempts to transmit: 3, max 3" can *ONLY* come in the way I have explained:

    The error message "REJECT: Too many attempts to transmit" only
    ever occurs when the number of tries (which is an outbound call
    that handshakes with fax, but does not complete the job for some
    reason) exceeds the smaller of the MaxTries value in the sendq
    file or an analogous setting in a JobControl configuration.

    Given that your sendq file has "maxtries:6" in it, I must
    therefore conclude that if you really are getting "REJECT: Too
    many attempts to transmit" that you must have a JobControl
    configuration which is interfering with your interests.

Since you claim that you're not using JobControl I must conclude that either you're not using HylaFAX+ 5.4.2, that you have some kind of corrupt installation, or that you have found some kind of bug that I'm not able to reproduce here and for which you are the first one to report.

Thanks,