Re: [hylafax-users] Continuation on failure...

Thanks Lee.

Dominic - I believe this answers your question.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Howard [mailto:lee.howard@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:57 AM
To: Siri Vias Khalsa
Subject: RE: [hylafax-users] Continuation on failure...

Siri Vias,

The behavior of HylaFAX has always (since at least 1999) been the same:
if
it has an error when it retries the fax it will start at the first page
that
was not confirmed by the receiver as received.  So if you have a 50-page
fax
that fails on page 10 (the last page confirmed was page 9) then on the
next
retry it will begin at page 10.

This behavior is not configurable in the usual way.  I suspect that
jobcontrol could be used to modify the sendq file to alter npages or
something.  But it would be an undocumented or untested approach.

If the behavior is desired I think that the right way to do it is to
have a
typical configuration feature for it.  It probably wouldn't be difficult
implement.

Thanks,

Lee.

Lee Howard
Mainpine, Inc. Software Development Lead
Tel: +1 866 363 6680 ext 805 | Fax: +1 360 462 8160
lee.howard@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com