Re: [hylafax-users] Changing tagline on-the-fly

On 15.10.2008 at 17:40 Aidan Van Dyk (aidan@xxxxxxxx) wrote:

> For some samples of what you can do with jobcontrol:
>    http://people.ifax.com/~aidan/hylafax/jobcontrol/

Did you hear the thunder a few minutes ago? That was me, banging my head
against the wall.

Aidan, I am very sorry for stretching your patience. My mind must have
been over the moon when I read the manual to jobcontrol. I know I saw
the sentence

> "The controls program is passed the respective job ID number as the
> first and only argument"

but somehow I didn't quite realize the meaning of it. I thought that
maybe other variables were passed to jobcontrol by exporting them. Your
examples cleared up my mind and now I understand that I have to get
every argument I need by scanning the q-file.

Thank you very much for the examples and please forgive my shortsightedness.

--
Wolfgang Klein, DE - Paderborn       ,_,
PGP-Schlüssel per e-mail anfordern: (o,o) Request PGP key by e-mail: