Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax 4.4.4. How to define a group of modems

I noticed that there are like 4 or 5 blank lines on the top of the fax received coming from my hylafax 4.4.4 server. This is causing the fax to be 2 pages instead of 1 page, when it normally is a one page fax.

What do I have to configure so that it send the fax without those 5 top blank lines?

Thanks

Enrique

Siri Vias Khalsa wrote:
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2004-06/msg00100.php

In the main hylafax config file: usually /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config, Put in a line like so:
ModemGroup: "outnow:ttyUSB[0-5]"
This establishes creates the group. Now I have never used this, as I
have different sets of servers that send and receive (in different data
centers no less) but I understand that the send syntax is the same. You
use
sendfax -m -n -h ttyACM1@xxxxxxxxxx -d 91714850#### FILENAME
just as before, specifying any modem in the group. It will use that
modem first, then any other modem in the group if that one is busy, but
it wont try to use a modem outside of the group.

-Siri Vias

-----Original Message----- From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Enrique Arredondo Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 3:20 PM To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx >> "hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx" Subject: [hylafax-users] Hylafax 4.4.4. How to define a group of modems

Hi,

I have 3 modems configured in my system (linux REDHAT E5"), here:

HylaFAX scheduler on atkred.com: Running
Modem ttyACM0 (+1.714.850.xxxx): Running and idle
Modem ttyACM1 (+1.714.641.xxxx): Running and idle
Modem ttyS0 (+1.714.850.xxxx): Running and idle

But "TTYS0" fax/modem is constantly receiving faxes all day long , and I

don't want it to be used for sending faxes . So I need to define a group
of modem ttyACM0 and ttyACM1 so that those modems do the fax sending when I fax from another server.
How can I group them ? How can I send a fax to that group ?

this will send a fax through ACM1:

sendfax -m -n -h ttyACM1@xxxxxxxxxx -d 91714850#### FILENAME

and ACM0....:

sendfax -m -n -h ttyACM0@xxxxxxxxxx -d 91714850#### FILENAME

What should I use after defining a group name ?

sendfax -m -n -h group@xxxxxxxxxx -d 91714850#### FILENAME ?

Thanks so much

Enrique