Re: [hylafax-users] FAXGETTY device path within a Solaris Zone

Bruce McAlister wrote:

In addition to the details below, I have now also tried to "tip" into
the iaxmodem device to see if I could issue modem commands directly, and
I get the following errors:

tip /etc/iaxmodem/devices/ttyIAX000
tip: /etc/iaxmodem/devices/ttyIAX000: not a tty
all ports busy

The same happens if it try to tip directly into the pseudo terminal that
ttyIAX000 points to:

tip /dev/pts/9
tip: /dev/pts/9: not a tty
all ports busy

Does this mean the issue may now lie with iaxmodem?

Yes, it may. I did test the non-/dev/ tty patch out before I mailed you... and it worked for me. So the fact that it's not working for you may very well have something to do with iaxmodem not working on Solaris.

Thanks,