Re: [hylafax-users] FAXGETTY device path within a Solaris Zone

Bruce McAlister wrote:

Is it possible to tell faxgetty to use a device that does not live in
/dev,

Yes. When you invoke faxgetty use the full path including the initial "/":

faxgetty /hylafax/install/dir/var/spool/dev/ttyIAX

or, even better, to let it search
/hylafax/install/dir/var/spool/dev for it's modem device?

For this you would need to change the _PATH_DEV define. I've never done it, and I don't know what other consequences it may have, but it looks like you can put a "paths.h" file in your source directory before building that says one line something like:

#define _PATH_DEV /hylafax/install/dir/var/spool/dev

And then ./configure, gmake, and gmake install... and I think that would do that trick.

Thanks,