[hylafax-users] FAXGETTY device path within a Solaris Zone

Hi All,

Is it possible to tell faxgetty to use a device that does not live in
/dev, or, even better, to let it search
/hylafax/install/dir/var/spool/dev for it's modem device?

Background

We would like to run HylaFAX/HylaFAX+ using IAXModem within Solaris
zones. What this means though is that we will need point faxgetty to a
path outside of /dev because it is a readonly filesystem with a Solaris
zone, and, IAXModem will not be able to create a symbolic link in /dev.

With IAXModem it is possible to specify the path of the symbolic link to
the device that it is using to emulate the modem. So for example, we
could run "iaxmodem ttyIAX000", which would create a symbolic link in
/etc/iaxmodem/devices/ttyIAX000 pointing to, for example, /dev/pts/9.
What we need now, is to tell faxgetty to monitor
/etc/iaxmodem/devices/ttyIAX000.

I have done some reading up on faxgetty, and it appears that you could
rename the config file something along the lines of my_tty_to_monitor,
but ultimately, from what i understand, this would point to
/dev/my/tty/to/monitor.

Any comments/suggestions are most welcome. If you need any information,
please dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks
Bruce

begin:vcard
fn:Bruce McAlister
n:McAlister;Bruce
org:Blueface Ltd
adr:;;8 Clanwilliam Terrace;Dublin;Dublin;Dublin 2;Ireland
email;internet:bruce.mcalister@xxxxxxxxxxx
tel;work:+353 1 524 2009
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.blueface.ie