Re: [hylafax-users] FAXGETTY device path within a Solaris Zone

Bruce McAlister wrote:

The command eventually kicks back to the command prompt and I am emailed
the following email

The HylaFAX software thinks that there is a problem with the modem
on device /dev//etc/iaxmodem/devices/ttyIAX000 that needs attention; repeated attempts to
initialize the modem have failed.

This is just the wedged script being stupid. Ignore it.

Consult the server trace logs for more information on what is happening.

You will be notified again after 5 minutes if the problem persists.

Have I understood you correctly with regards the device path for
faxgetty? It looks like it still puts /dev in front of the device you
specify on the commandline.

Examine things like strace and lsof output (if they exist on Solaris) to see what the problem could be, but if you specify the full path you need not worry about that /dev/ thing that wedged seems to indicate.