Re: [hylafax-users] ERR No receiver protocol (T.30 T1 timeout)

Jan Kalcic wrote:

Actually this is why a serial modem is preferred... I would always avoid
winmodem at all. Anyway, I think about a cheap solution when the price
is less than 100$. Obviously much less is better :-)

Yes, that could be a good idea. I took a look on ebay and there's
something around but I'm not sure about it. The descriptions are poor
and sometimes there's not even the model. Just a "modem". Instead, I
found this one which seems to be "nice" to my eyes but actually I don't
know it. It's just the tricky old-fashion it has.  US Robotics Modem
USR135630D . Does anyway know it? Anyone else on this page?

http://www.oeminformatica.it/catalog/index.php/cPath/1_47

I wouldn't buy any USR modem for fax purposes.

I'm not offering any guarantee on any of these eBay items I did a quick search for, but they probably would work fine with some configuration...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140153151224
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320152735444
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150155380495

That was about 5 minutes' worth of searching on eBay. You may find better with more time spent there.