Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX v4.3.2 cannot initialize multiTech modem

OK Figured the problem out.
David Davidson's post was a bit on the mark.

I started messing around with the setserial command to see if the
serial ports needed a specific config. They did in the end.

I set up setserial with these config options

/dev/ttyS0 uart 16450 port 0x3F8 irq 4 spd_normal autoconfig
/dev/ttyS1 uart 16450 port 0x2F8 irq 3 spd_normal autoconfig

After setting these options, probemodem worked and hylafax can now see
my faxmodem.
Also found out that I need those specific setserial options, I had
some other stuff in there before that didn't work.

Thanks to all of you that posted.
It helped me debug my problem and reach a solution.