Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX v4.3.2 cannot initialize multiTech modem

I'm really happy with all these replies and suggestions for solutions.
I just got to work and I'll try everything out and report back.

Thanks all.

On 2/24/07, Michel Donais <donais@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Subject: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX v4.3.2 cannot initialize multiTech modem

>I installed HylaFAX v4.3.2 on Gentoo/Linux.
>I have a Multitech MT5600ZDX attached to the PC via serial cable on
>COM1 (ttyS0).

Hi George,

I'm just coming out of this bull shit.
I had Hylafax working for a year and someday at system boot after loosing
the bus mouse of the server the hardware manager sait he detect  a new stock
and I said ok install it. For this moment Hylafax began to do the same as
your's trying continously to initialise the server.

My problem was in fact that the hardware installer put my bus mouse to the
device ttyS0 adress so this port was used by a concurrent user that's why
Hylafax was not able to initialise. I solve it by rebuilding config.ttyS0 on
ttyS1

To solution your problem

A) chek in /var/spool/hylafax/etc/ if the file config.ttyS0 is there; remove
it and re-create it using
     faxaddmodem; if not you just have to create it.

B) if it's persisting, create the file as config.ttyS1 and do not change
your physical connection  in back
    of the computer.

--- Michel Donais

---- Michel Donais

--
"Nothing is impossible for the person that doesn't have to do it"
"The probability of anything happening is in inverse ratio to its desirability"