Re: [hylafax-users] RECV/CQ: Bad 1D pixel count ...

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 11:33 -0800, Lee Howard wrote:
> Diego Chaparro wrote:
> >
> >	Not exactly. The asterisk PBX is the same machine as the hylafax
> >server, so the PBX receives the incoming call from one extension (where
> >the sender fax machine is directly connected) and forwards to another
> >extension using G.711 codec (i think, not sure) where the modem is
> >directly connected. So i'm not using VoIP.
> >
> You are using VoIP.  G.711 is a VoIP codec.  You can use Asterisk as a
> PBX without involving VoIP, but you have to use TDM and T1 cards to do
> that, and my understanding is that there are some recent versions of
> Asterisk where even the TDM cards don't work right for faxing.

	Sure you are right, i don't know too much about asterisk either :-(.
But the PBX has a TDM400P card, which i think we are using for the
connection between the fax sender and receiver, but i'm not sure. I'll
check tomorrow with the person in charge of the asterisk PBX.

	After test the direct connexion between the sender fax machine and the
hylafax server, if i don't have problems, i'll have to research about
the asterisk configuration.

Thanks for your comments.

--
Diego Chaparro