Re: [hylafax-users] RECV/CQ: Bad 1D pixel count ...

Diego Chaparro wrote:

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 10:59 -0800, Lee Howard wrote:

I'm guessing that you're using VoIP connections between your endpoints.

Not exactly. The asterisk PBX is the same machine as the hylafax
server, so the PBX receives the incoming call from one extension (where
the sender fax machine is directly connected) and forwards to another
extension using G.711 codec (i think, not sure) where the modem is
directly connected. So i'm not using VoIP.

You are using VoIP. G.711 is a VoIP codec. You can use Asterisk as a PBX without involving VoIP, but you have to use TDM and T1 cards to do that, and my understanding is that there are some recent versions of Asterisk where even the TDM cards don't work right for faxing.