Re: [hylafax-users] MultiTech ISI card failure

On 2005.02.07 20:08 Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

Can't afford to save a few bucks a month if it means potential customer loss

This has been my general observation with fax use in business.

Fax is still very much a day-to-day, hour-to-hour part of businesses for industries where handwritten or signed documents must be exchanged instantaneously. Such businesses like the legal profession, insurance industry, real estate and mortgage industries, banking, and (I'm sure that I'm missing some) do this kind of thing all of the time. I don't see this kind of document exchange going away - only perhaps becoming more automated and simplified. These kinds of businesses often do multi-thousand-dollar business transactions by fax, and it is very easy for these businesses to lose a customer due to fax problems.

In the "old" days people tended to be quite tolerant of problematic faxing. Often people would call after sending the fax to ask, "Hi, did you get my fax?" Times are changing. The people who rely on fax more and more are tending to expect it to work as well, if not better, than every other "modern" technology out there.

This is why an error rate of 2% is unacceptable to me.

Thanks,