Re: [hylafax-users] MultiTech ISI card failure

Darren Nickerson wrote:

We've spoken to a surprisingly large number of customers in the past 6 months or so who have either tried it, or plan to. Of those who _have_ tried it, most experience intermittent and unpredictable errors as one would expect. In many cases, they're 'happy enough' with the reliability to keep using it. Guess it beats faxing with the ole' USR in Class 2 they used to be saddled with! ;-)

In my client's case, I was there one afternoon when a frustrated customer of theirs called because they had been trying to FAX a purchase order for $10K of product all afternoon and it had not gone through. Moving their FAX machine back to a PSTN line the customer's PO came through on the first try :) Can't afford to save a few bucks a month if it means potential customer loss like that... (This was with the Motorola ATAs that Vonage supplies directly; I don't know if the Linksys units that the OP is using handle FAX better or not).