Re: [hylafax-users] Mixed paper size, please help!!

I can't explain why some fax machine does funky stuff with a multipage fax but does not do that same stuff with a single page fax.

However, I can tell you two things, though.

First, the image data in the TIFF files that HylaFAX generates on fax reception are, for the most part, verbatim from what the sender transmits. I.e., the page image is what we heard. HylaFAX doesn't do any tinkering with the received image at all.

Second, the image you showed has a tagline. That tagline is produced by the sending fax machine. The data that is being stripped from the fax is either underneath the tagline or is otherwise missing from after the tagline. That is all handiwork made by the sending fax machine. Thus, we know that HylaFAX isn't stripping off the top of the fax because the tagline is viewable on the TIFF.

I suggest that you try sending your fax with a different make/model of fax machine and see that it works fine with that one.

Lee.