Re: [hylafax-users] Mixed paper size, please help!!

Yes,

I was talking about receiving... After receiving teh job, hylafax put the tiff file in /var/spool/fax/recvq and call faxrcvd.  The, this tiff is in letter for the 2 pages, before any conversion if I have well understand.  Is there a way to get all the second page?  To get 2 tiff file or to shrink the legal page in a letter format?

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
* Frank @IMPACT <frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [040626 15:41]:

The problem is that the tiff-pdf conversion scripts use the FIXEDMEDIA
option that wacks these pages.  I had the same problem and when I
eliminated the FIXEDMEDIA from the scripts, all was well.

I think he was talking about a receiving problem, not sending.

This can also happen on sending if you need to convert from vres 196 as
submitted by the client in a tiff, down to vres 98.  you will get the
similar problem.  For example, we had a client s/w submitting the fax to
the server as a tif in the higher resolution, but we only allow outbound
faxing at the lower resolution.  So hylafax needs to convert the
resolution.  When this is done with the FIXEDMEDIA option in place, the
tops of the legal pages get whacked off (I think because postscript
starts from the bottom).

But if "letter" page size was requested, that *IS* the proper way to do
it.  We should *NOT* be producing a tiff with more than 279mm of image
data.  That was the whole reason the FIXEDMEDIA option was added.

If they wanted to send legal sized pages, they should have submitted a
legal job.

a.

--
Samuel Jobin