Re: [hylafax-users] Mixed paper size, please help!!

I'm not sure to understand...

How I'm suppose to submit a legal fax?  I just try to send the same doc but with a standard fax machine and I got the same result...

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
* Samuel Jobin <sjobin@xxxxxxxxxx> [040628 09:47]:

Ok, here it is:

The doc001.tif file is what I got in ~/fax/sendq when I send my doc with
WHFC.  As you see, tyhe page 2 have 79 line, from 1 to 79.  The
fax00018.tif is what I received in ~/fax/recvq before hylafax called
faxrcvd.  You can see that, at the second page, the line start at line 16.

Oh - this is not a receiving problem at all.

I'll have to prefix this by saying I don't know how WHFC works.  But I
do know how hfaxd/faxq/faxsend and faxgetty work.

You submitted a job to HylaFAX (I guess through WHFC).  The "job" you
submitted was a "letter/A4" job.  HylaFAX jobs have a notion of page
size with a job (lengh x width)...  Because the job was submitted as a
"letter/A4" job, hylafax dutifully only sent A4-size image data to the
other machine.

If you want legal length to be sent to the receiver, you must submit a
legal fax to hylafax, not an letter fax.

I don't know how WHFC handles this.

--
Samuel Jobin
sjobin@xxxxxxxxxx