Re: [hylafax-users] Mixed paper size, please help!!

* Frank @IMPACT <frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [040626 15:41]:
> The problem is that the tiff-pdf conversion scripts use the FIXEDMEDIA
> option that wacks these pages.  I had the same problem and when I
> eliminated the FIXEDMEDIA from the scripts, all was well.

I think he was talking about a receiving problem, not sending.

> This can also happen on sending if you need to convert from vres 196 as
> submitted by the client in a tiff, down to vres 98.  you will get the
> similar problem.  For example, we had a client s/w submitting the fax to
> the server as a tif in the higher resolution, but we only allow outbound
> faxing at the lower resolution.  So hylafax needs to convert the
> resolution.  When this is done with the FIXEDMEDIA option in place, the
> tops of the legal pages get whacked off (I think because postscript
> starts from the bottom).

But if "letter" page size was requested, that *IS* the proper way to do
it.  We should *NOT* be producing a tiff with more than 279mm of image
data.  That was the whole reason the FIXEDMEDIA option was added.

If they wanted to send legal sized pages, they should have submitted a
legal job.

a.