Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax problems

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 02:06:11PM -0800, Lee Howard wrote:
> On 2002.03.08 13:33 Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > The problem, Lee, as I see it, is that he wants the *network* to
> > collect and forward the additional digits.  ("Hey, fax this to me at
> > +1 727 573 2497 55.")
> >
> > And that just ain't happenin.
>
> You're probably right.
>
> I thought that I had heard, though, that some telcos could provide such a
> service.  Then the ISDN/T1/whatever adapter would report DNBR=727573249755
> or something like that, assuming it supported it also.

I don't think so.  The problem is that there is, in general, no way for
the *originating* CO to know that it should wait for more digits, much
less send them along.

> However, I tried investigating such an option in Honolulu, and the folks
> at the sales/support area at the telco had no clue what I was trying to
> explain to them.

Nope.  If you need reliable automated inbound dial distinction for DID
type purposes, then DID is the way you should plan on getting it... now
that we can (thank you, Yan).

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")