Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax problems

On 2002.03.08 13:12 Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 12:13:03PM -0800, Abhinav Uttam wrote:
> > I came across your postings on google groups about Hylafax DTMF
> > detection. I too am facing a similar problem wherein i want to route
> > the fax received to users mailboxes. I know this can be done using
> > CallerId but that will not be what i want

Yes, but you do it *exactly* the same way, with the same exact mechanism
(QualifyCID, CIDName, CIDNumber) for other types of automatic inbound
routing like DNIS.

> > Or maybe if some other kind of DTMF routing is possible please let me
> > know.

I know that both CNID and DNIS work.  Both of these require hardware that
supports it.  Most new modems support CNID.

> I *think* that what you're saying is that you want callers to be able
> to dial the faxmodem's local directory number, from outside your
> building, and then just dial additional address digits right at the end
> of the number, and have those address digits (which would signify a
> specific recipient) somehow magically get handed to HylaFAX for
> routing.
>
> And so far as I know, you're SOL; you can't do that.

Unless, somehow the PBX passes the DTMF information to the modem and the
modem can stick that in the RING sequence as CNID and DNIS do.  But I
don't know DTMF at all.