Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax problems

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 01:26:34PM -0800, Lee Howard wrote:
> > I *think* that what you're saying is that you want callers to be able
> > to dial the faxmodem's local directory number, from outside your
> > building, and then just dial additional address digits right at the end
> > of the number, and have those address digits (which would signify a
> > specific recipient) somehow magically get handed to HylaFAX for
> > routing.
> >
> > And so far as I know, you're SOL; you can't do that.
>
> Unless, somehow the PBX passes the DTMF information to the modem and the
> modem can stick that in the RING sequence as CNID and DNIS do.  But I
> don't know DTMF at all.

The problem, Lee, as I see it, is that he wants the *network* to
collect and forward the additional digits.  ("Hey, fax this to me at
+1 727 573 2497 55.")

And that just ain't happenin.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")