Re: [hylafax-users] setting delay between jobs?

At 04:18 PM 10/24/01 -0400, Bob Billson wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 12:21:00PM -0600, Lee Howard wrote:
>> ATW9DT123456789
>
>hrm... Getting closer although it doesn't quite work on my modem. :-/  On
>my modem it *picks up* the line and then waits for the dial tone.  This won't
>help me.  It prevents the phone line from resetting after the bad call, which
>is my problem.  Ya gotta love "standard" modem command sets.
>
>It seems a funky way to go about fixing the problem, too.  After all, Hylafax
>is sending the fax.  Isn't there be a way to make Hylafax wait x seconds
>between jobs rather than trying to make the modem do it?  The modem way seems
>like a kluge.

Excuse me if I seem a bit irritated by your tone - because I am.  HylaFAX
is open source software.  So frankly, you've really no right to be whining
that HylaFAX doesn't have the ability to do what you want.  I've presented
an option to you, and I've tried my darndest to explain what other factors
can influence that option.

When the equipment is configured properly, I can't understand why anyone
would want a delay between fax jobs, so it shouldn't be surprising that
such an option doesn't already exist.  It seems to be an equipment problem
if the modem hangs up, and then picks up moments later only to find that it
still doesn't have a dialtone.  Why would this be a HylaFAX problem?  It
hung up the line.  So, okay, maybe the PBX or telco is whacked - well, I've
done exactly what I'm telling you to do - albeit a kludge.

Anyway - my last words on this thread will be to remind you that I advised
you to refer to your modem documentation on ATWn, ATPn, and ATXn.  One
combination of those options will be able to resolve your issue just as you
want - even if it is a "kludge" as you put it.

If you don't want such a "kludge" then feel free to do what the rest of us
do with open source software: enhance it ourselves.