Re: [hylafax-users] setting delay between jobs?

At 02:13 PM 10/24/01 -0400, Bob Billson wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 11:58:55AM -0600, Lee Howard wrote:
>> You can always put a pause or wait in the dialstring...
>
>hmm... But that will cause the pause *after* the modem picks up the dial the
>job.  I need the wait *after* it finishes one job but *before* is starts the
>next one.  Or am I missing something here?

You're missing something.  Take a look at a dialstring:

ATW9DT123456789

In this case the modem will wait 9 seconds before picking up the line to
hear a dialtone and then proceeding to dial.  The behavior of "W" versus
"P" in the dialstring depends on your modem and the presence/default
setting for the "X" value, too.  So you really ought to refer to your modem
documentation on which is appropriate for your use.