Re: [hylafax-users] ./configure Missing C++ runtime supportforgcc

Hi,

At 05:13 PM 5/30/01 -0700, mallappa@itsprojects.com wrote:
>Hi Robert,
>
>Today I spoke to Tim Rice and came to know that you are working on hylafax
>software to get it working on HPUX. I am kind of badly struck up with
>completing
>the installation of the same.

The latest CVS as of today, builds successfully on my hp-ux 11 machine.

>I have reached a stage where in it is building 2 libraries and unable to
>build
>the rest of the libraries. The libraries that I am able to build are;
>port and regex. While make tries to build the other libraries I am getting
>the
>following error, which is apparently common to all the libraries.

I think you have the same problem as Alan - the gcc-2.95.3 compiler from
the porting site will not compile C++ programs.

The only way to fix it is to download a gcc2.96/3.00 snapshot from
http://gcc.gnu.org/ ...unfortunately quite often the snapshots do not build
so you might need to do this multiple times to get a working
compiler.   Another  alternative is if you have a license for HP's aCC
compiler you could use that(although you might need to do some hacking to
get this working).

>2. gcc2.95.3 (I took the binary off the site hpux.connect.org.uk).

:-(

At the moment i am trying to get all the accessory packages for hylafax, if
someone wants to swpackage libtiff-3.5.5 it would be kind of nice...

- Robert