Re: [hylafax-users] faxaddmodem won't see the modem

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 11:01:53AM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 01:55:07PM +0200, Eric Veldhuyzen wrote:
> > I just copied the rockwell-rc to the etc directory, renamed it and added
> > the FAXNumber line. I tried to send a fax and guess what?
> >  It works!
>
> Capital!
>
> Now comes the fun part... figuring out why it wouldn't work "right".

Right, and this is where it gets really strange. I just moved my
manually generated config.ttyS1 out of the way, stopped the faxq, hfaxd
and faxgetty and retried the faxaddmodem script. And this time it found
the modem without any problem. I am really, really confused...

--
#!perl #                       Life ain't fair, but root passwords help.
# Eric Veldhuyzen                              eric@terra.telemediair.nl