Re: [hylafax-users] faxaddmodem won't see the modem

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 10:16:39PM +1000, Robert Colquhoun wrote:
> At 01:26 PM 4/4/01 +0200, Eric Veldhuyzen wrote:

[...]

> ....from memory though the above settings might not matter as i think
> faxadduser uses stty to override all the params anyway.

Right. I don't think this has anything to do with it.

> >And I think I have found the problem, I just don't
> >know how to solve it. The process that is put in the background in
> >the onDev function exits before any output is generated by the serial
> >port. Probably even before any data is sent to the serial port.
>
> Would that be one of the stty calls? if so which one?

That would be this one:

  shift ;catpid=`${ONDELAY} $tdev $SH -c "$* >$OUT" & echo $!`

(line 776)

This puts somthing like this (processnumbers change) into the background:

/usr/local/sbin/ondelay /dev/ttyS1 /bin/bash -c "/bin/stty clocal && \
	exec /bin/cat -u /dev/ttyS1 >/tmp/.faxaddmodem20344/addmodem20344"

and it saves the process id of this command in $catpid to be able to
kill it later.

> Could you also paste the output of 'stty --version'

# stty --version
stty (GNU sh-utils) 2.0.11
Written by David MacKenzie.

#!perl #                       Life ain't fair, but root passwords help.
# Eric Veldhuyzen                              eric@terra.telemediair.nl