Re: [hylafax-users] faxaddmodem won't see the modem

At 02:38 PM 4/4/01 +0200, Eric Veldhuyzen wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 10:16:39PM +1000, Robert Colquhoun wrote:
> > At 01:26 PM 4/4/01 +0200, Eric Veldhuyzen wrote:
> > >And I think I have found the problem, I just don't
> > >know how to solve it. The process that is put in the background in
> > >the onDev function exits before any output is generated by the serial
> > >port. Probably even before any data is sent to the serial port.
> >
> > Would that be one of the stty calls? if so which one?
>
>That would be this one:
>
>   shift ;catpid=`${ONDELAY} $tdev $SH -c "$* >$OUT" & echo $!`
>
>(line 776)
>
>This puts somthing like this (processnumbers change) into the background:
>
>/usr/local/sbin/ondelay /dev/ttyS1 /bin/bash -c "/bin/stty clocal && \
>         exec /bin/cat -u /dev/ttyS1 >/tmp/.faxaddmodem20344/addmodem20344"
>
>and it saves the process id of this command in $catpid to be able to
>kill it later.

Maybe i am missing something but if that exits straight away doesn't that
mean the '/bin/stty clocal' has failed?

...otherwise it should exit till eof is read from /dev/ttyS1

(its been a long day here and i'm kind of tired, so maybe this is all wrong ;-)

> > Could you also paste the output of 'stty --version'
>
># stty --version
>stty (GNU sh-utils) 2.0.11
>Written by David MacKenzie.
>
>Copyright (C) 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
>warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

On my older machine i have :
stty (GNU sh-utils) 2.0
Written by David MacKenzie.

- Robert