[hylafax-users] FAX MACHINE connections seen as DATA connections

Hello everyone,

Why would faxgetty see an incoming connection from a FAX MACHINE as a DATA
connection?

I am in Hong Kong and many of our suppliers in Mainland China are not getting
through because faxgetty sees their inbound connections as DATA connections and
tries to fire up (egetty,mgetty,vgetty,whatever - none of them are installed).

I'm not interested in servicing DATA connections on this line, but I'm
wondering why faxgetty would even think they were DATA in the first place.

Anybody bump into this problem before?

Red Hat 6.1
HylaFAX 4.1 beta 3
libtiff 3.5.5