Re: [hylafax-users] faxaddmodem won't see the modem

Hi Lee,

At 11:05 AM 4/3/01 -0600, Lee Howard wrote:
>At 03:28 AM 4/3/01 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>
> >Nope, you're right.  Lee??  Grab Darren and whomever else of the SWAT
> >team is around, too.  I'm temporarily stumped.
>
>I've been following this thread, and I did what I could to help initially
>(which wasn't much more than provoke an upgrade 4.0pl2 -> 4.1beta3).

I too have been reading this thread....

It is a longshot but it looks vaguely like problems that happen on HP-UX
regularly where you are forced to hardcode the speed (-s param) for
faxaddmodem.

I noticed Eric tried this, but at a very high speed 115K i think, maybe if
he has another go perhaps at 38400 or 9600 he might have more luck.

Also if he could double check again there are no other processes running on
the tty, or the equivalent cua file if those devices are present(an older
version of linux).

Finally could he post the output of stty -a < /dev/ttyXX  and also
setserial -a, just to see if there are any weird line params set.

PS Also try attaching the modem to another serial port if possible if he
hasn't already tried that(need to eliminate faulty serial port hardware).

- Robert