Re: hfaxd: segmentation fault

> I installed hylafax-4.0pl1-2.src.rpm onto a pentium Linux box. All seems
                         ^^^
Current patch level is 2, although to build on RH 5.2 you will need some
extra patches, and there are some patches that are strongly advised for
all systems.

> I installed hylafax-4.0pl1-2.src.rpm onto a pentium Linux box. All seems
                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
.rpm is more useful than this, although it still doesn't tell us which
version of Red Hat.

> to be in order, however, I receive a segmentation fault when running
> "hfaxd -I".  I am able to receive just fine.  I initially installed this

There have been no such problems reported that I can remember, so you
will need to give us a clue as to where in the program it is aborting,
e.g. run gdb on a core file from a version with at least minimal symbol
information unstripped and/or find some log file that will tie the location
down to one particular routine.

I note though that -I only works if standard input and output are
connected via TCP to a hylafax client, as for example when using the
dis-reccommended method of running the program from inetd, rather than
as a daemon, and I seem to remember that there were problems reported
a year ago or so from people starting it this way but not from inetd;
however these produced error messages in logs which made the nature of
the problem more obvious.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions