Re: hfaxd: segmentation fault

In message <370E8620.AB9A8B1C@home.com>, art writes:
>I installed hylafax-4.0pl1-2.src.rpm onto a pentium Linux box. All seems
>to be in order, however, I receive a segmentation fault when running
>"hfaxd -I".  I am able to receive just fine.  I initially installed this
>package on another package for testing, and I copied the other hfaxd
>binary onto the new box, but had no success.  I am able to receive faxes
>if this helps?
>
>Thanks for any direction you may offer, I see  I'm not the first to run
>across this error.

HUH? I bet you're one of the first to combine the above errors to achieve this
result though ;-)

First, it sounds, although you don't tell us, like you're running RedHat
linux. Can you confirm this?

Secondly, you installed hylafax-4.0pl1-2.src.rpm. Two problems - this is OLD
software, and it's also just SOURCE. Did you compile it? Did you do a rpm
--rebuild on it? Or did you just rpm -ba the .spec file?

I'm guessing, but it sounds to me like you built the SRPM into an RPM on a
different box. You say "I initially installed this package on another package
for testing" . . . do you mean on another machine? And then you just copied
the hfaxd binary over? Bad idea.

I suggest you start over. Head to ftp://ftp.hylafax.org and fetch the current
RPM for HylaFAX (tm), not the SRPM, and install it. It will complain about
ghostscript dependencies likely, just install it with rpm --nodeps for now.

-Darren

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions